October 30, 2013

Halloween 2013- Hitchcock Inspired

Yearly I do a Halloween blog post. This year I tackled with thoughts of what to use for inspiration. I battled between superheroes and celebrity superstars. With all the horror movies being shown I sought for a prominent character for fashion inspiration. Another ingredient with my
blog post for Halloween, I don't do costumes. Not all women want to dress up in costume for Halloween, so I post the grown and sexy version for reference. And let's face some people look ridiculous in costume after a certain age.
Tippi Hedren in "The Birds"
ZAC POSEN Spring 2012 Green Structural Suit Jacket

This year's theme I chose to reach back in the time capsule to Alfred Hitchcock's Motion Picture, The Birds. Tippi Hedren the female lead of the Birds made wearing a green suit quite popular. I don't know why Edith head choose green as opposed to blue or even yellow. Maybe green was a color that mixed well with the scenic area of the quaint northern California town. Hitchcock requested to his costume designer, Edith Head, to redesign the green suit she created for Grace Kelly in the motion picture, Rear Window.

I have spotted some subliminal wearable items for Halloween. For  those of you who feel like me an don't want be caught in public in costume or maybe beyond the stage of wearing "kooky" costume.



FOREVER 21 Black Soaring Bird Print Sweater
COAST Multicolor Tribeca Dress


ASOS CURVE Black Dress With Wrap Front In Bird Print
FOREVER 21 Soaring Bird Zipper Dress


ELIZABETH AND JAMES Black Bird Claw Ring With Onyx


1 comment:

  1. Wow!! Wonderful wearable items for Halloween. I love the fashion and stylist dresses. Among them the denim and shorts are my favorite. I love to wear those. The design and color are perfect and standard.

    ReplyDelete