April 9, 2013

Ir's a Block Party- Color Blocking S/S 2013

The block party I'm addressing for this post is the color block trend that is staying on the fashion plates through the Spring and Summer 2013.  When I think of color blocking my first image takes me back to the animated character, Charlie Brown™. With his yellow tee and that jagged black border, who knew this trend would carry through the decades? My next recollection of color block is when my mother would don her Chanel shoes or jacket, I won't forget how elegant tan and black looked together.  When my mother would leave the house I would try on her shoes; oh, how I wish I knew what happened to the shoes and jacket. I wish I was more of a fashion addict in my teen years, those key pieces would've have been pivotal to my closet. 


Peggy Moffitt in Rudy Genreich

The color blocking trend catches your eye without shocking your brain like a pattern would. The art of Joan Miro puts me in the mind of color blocking on canvas. his use of basic colors , sureal, and use of thick black strokes art and the artist Piet Mondrian gridlock canvas creations puts me in the mind color blocked fashions displayed on the runway today. Also Rudy Genreich who was a trendsetting designer popular from the sixties created wearble art that was fashion forward at that time yet remains wearable today.

Color blocking works for all shapes and sizes, so don't be afraid of this trend. Be bold like Jenny from the block!





                        Some other color block inspirations found on lyst.com

Bibhu Mohapatra Color Block Cocktail Dress

 



Fossil Color Block Tote
Roksanda Ilincic Colour-Block Shirt



















1 comment:

  1. Wow!! Amazing collection of unique dress and highwaisted panties with wonderbra t shirt bra. Looking so sexy and cute. The design is really different and attractive. Lovely post with new fashion trends. Thank you for sharing.....

    ReplyDelete