January 16, 2013

Golden Globes Fashion 2013

I must say I wasn't so impressed with Tina Fey and Amy Poehler as the hosts of the Golden Globes ceremony this year. I hope next year the can just get it right, with the host of the show. My goodness, I do miss Johnny Carson! The main event of these award shows is not the best picture or best tv show; it is of course, the fashions! So it is the time of year where clothing is the spectator sport.
The style focus for most were colors of plum, blues, and you can never go wrong wearing black. The majority of gowns were form fitting, strapless silhouettes. I promised myself to ban black from being on my best dressed list, even though it is my favorite color. Most tend to run to all black gowns because its a sexy color that hides flaws. My picks for the Golden Globes fashions are as follows:

Jennifer Lopez is Numero Uno in this gown by Zuhair Murad. It looks like she took a bubble bath and the shimmering bubbles are left upon her skin.

 

Lucy Liu is in a garden of gorgeousness in this floral fantasy creation by Carolina Herrera.



Most regal and quiet sophistication, goes to Michelle Dockery in Alexandre Vauthier.



To break the beauty, a disappointing "twang" of orange you wrong. Marion Cotillard in Christian Dior. I love the color saturation, but this silhouette is not flattering, it looks like a disheveled towel. I don't know where she wanted to go with this. Major blah! She might as well wore a sack!




Golden Glam! Emily Blunt in a Michael Kors creation reminiscent of the past... I can picture her sitting at a table with the members of the original Rat Pack in this gown.



And representing the chicly curvaceous is Nene Leakes in Carolina Herrera.
She just looks so comfortable and at ease.



Best cuddly couple... Julia Bowen and Ty Burrel

 

I know he won't be on most best dressed list, because they always pick the "it" hunk man for the season. My pick is John Goodman. I really loved his character in the motion picture, Flight and he looks pressed and polished for the event. 




Lastly I want you all to stop with the Angelina Jolie pose! Puh-leez push pause not pose! Close your legs! That leg thrust thump with the slit up to coochie-ville has got to stop!




Happy 2013 to all my  visitors from all points of the globe! XOXO bb

(photo credits: Getty Images)

No comments:

Post a Comment